Mannatech and NASKA Team Up to Fight Against Malnutrition
COPPELL, Texas, Feb 17, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
For the first time in its 34-year history, the North American Sport Karate Association (NASKA) has taken on a different kind of competition - a cause. Along with Mannatech (NASDAQ: MTEX), a leading developer and provider of nutritional supplements and skin care products, NASKA will team up to fight malnutrition along its 14-city tour of martial arts competitions. The tour is part of a strengthening partnership that began last year between Mannatech and the International Sport Karate Association (ISKA). The yearlong North American campaign will begin Feb. 25 at the Compete Nationals.
In 2010, Mannatech became ISKA's official health and wellness supplement provider - a first in ISKA's 25-year history. Several of the nutritional science leader's products will be the only health supplements on the market to receive an 'ISKA-Certified for Elite Athletes' seal featured on its packaging, including Mannatech's proprietary Ambrotose(R) complex and Advanced Ambrotose(R) product.
"This North American tour is so much more than an elite martial arts competition. It's about a cause to fight against malnutrition," said Robert A. Sinnott, Ph.D., MNS, co-CEO and chief science officer of Mannatech. "Together, with some of NASKA's elite athletes, we can make a difference among the lives of people of all ages by educating them about the benefits of proper eating and a balanced diet while simultaneously working to alleviate malnutrition across the globe through our Give for Real program."
Along with Dr. Sinnott, Mike Sawyer and Mike McCoy of NASKA will present the following all-star martial artists for the campaign:
- Becca Ross - A member of the Black Belt Hall of Fame and IIMAA Hall of Fame, Becca has earned 25 world NASKA and ISKA titles in weapons forms and fighting. She has also won three gold medals as a part of the USA Martial Arts Olympic team.
- Caitlin Dechelle - A member of the Black Belt Hall of Fame and the prestigious Team Paul Mitchell, Caitlin is a 62-time World Champion in forms and weapons. She has achieved 44 NASKA World titles, 6 ISKA World titles, 5 WSKF World titles, 2 WAKO World titles and 3 Warrior Cups. She was named "Competitor of the Year" in 2007 by Black Belt Magazine.
- Chip Townsend - Chip is the captain of the NASKA team. He is a 6th degree black belt and a decorated 14-time ISKA world-breaking champion. Chip understands the importance of healthy supplements and additional resources of income as both a successful studio owner and Team MannatechSM athlete, which he has been since 2005.
- Marc Canonizado - A 12-time NASKA World Champion and a member of prestigious Team Paul Mitchell, Marc is a 9-time ISKA World Champion (including extreme forms champion for three consecutive years). He also has earned 4 Warrior Cups in forms & weapons.
- Ross Levine - A six-time NASKA weapons and sparring champion, Ross is the current ISKA world champion in creative weapons and the No. 1 heavyweight in NASKA's sparring and creative weapons division.
- Raymond Daniels- Holding three black belts in Kenpo, Shotokan Karate and Tae Kwon Do, Raymond is also a retired Long Beach police officer and a member of Team All Stars.
The team's goal is to raise awareness about the fight against malnutrition at each of the competitions in the U.S. and Canada by speaking to students about proper nutrition, self image and the Give for Real campaign. They will also appear at studios in each city to discuss Mannatech's partnership with the ISKA.
Mannatech's Give for Real(TM) program is a unique 'donation-through-consumption' initiative designed to help consumers and social entrepreneurs meet the needs of vulnerable malnourished children around the world.
For every purchase on an automatic order containing Ambrotose(R) complex powder, Advanced Ambrotose(R) powder, MannaBears(TM) gummies, PhytoMatrix(R) caplets, PhytoBurst(R) nutritional chews or Optimal Support Packets, a donation of science-based supplements is provided through MannaRelief+ to children in need worldwide.
Mannatech's Real Food Technology(R) solution-inspired products provide one of the best strategies for addressing this crisis because Mannatech's products are developed from real food-sourced ingredients chosen from those scientifically proven to best benefit the human body.
For more information about NASKA's tour of competition, visit www.NASKA.com/tournaments. Individuals interested in Mannatech's products, exploring its business opportunity and the Give for Real program can learn more at mannatech.com.
Mannatech, Incorporated, develops high-quality health, weight and fitness, and skin care products that are based on the solid foundation of nutritional science and development standards. These proprietary products are available through independent sales Associates around the globe including the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and the Republic of Korea. For more information, visit www.Mannatech.com.
+MannaRelief is an independent, nonprofit organization. It is not owned or operated by Mannatech, Incorporated.
Shawn Paul Wood, 972-499-6614