Mannatech Releases Tips for Supporting Digestion
COPPELL, Texas, Apr 14, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
In recognition of IBS Awareness Month and the important role digestive health plays in an optimal wellness strategy, Mannatech, Incorporated, (NASDAQ: MTEX) and Co-CEO and Chief Science Officer Robert A. Sinnott, MNS, Ph.D., today released practical tips for enhancing digestion.*
"With 70 percent of the body's immune system located in the digestive tract, it's important to realize how vital digestive health is to health overall," said Sinnott. "Knowing how hectic life can be today, we advocate surprisingly easy, practical tips that people can integrate into their everyday lives to maintain and improve digestive health."
To achieve optimal digestive health, Mannatech suggests you digest the following tips:
- Power Up with Prebiotics and Probiotics -- Prebiotics are the food that bacteria need to thrive in the digestive tract. Probiotics are the "good" intestinal bacteria themselves. Having enough healthy bacteria in the system is essential to good digestion and to good health in general.*
- Fill Up on Fabulous Fiber -- Dietaryfiber absorbs water from the bowels, which can help prevent constipation and help keep things running smoothly. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables every day, and be sure to include some whole grains and nuts.
- The Argument for Water Holds Water -- Drinking enough water just makes good sense because it helps ensure the nutrients in food are digested and absorbed. What's more, it helps prevent constipation. Try to work in eight glasses a day.
- Show your IQ: Eat Smart -- Remember, certain foods and beverages can have a negative effect. Eat a diet of unprocessed, natural foods and take high-quality supplements to ensure that you get all the nutrition your body needs every day.
- Be Healthy: Inside and Out -- Take a holistic approach to better health by exercising, reducing stress and getting plenty of sleep. These simple steps, along with a healthy diet, go a long way to leading a healthier lifestyle.
Mannatech, a leading developer and provider of nutritional supplements based on Real Food Technology(R) solutions, recently launched the revolutionary GI-ProBalance(TM) product, which was specially formulated to enhance the benefits of its proprietary Ambrotose(R) glyconutritional products.
The synbiotic (probiotic and prebiotic) GI-ProBalance product is a great-tasting, yogurt-flavored powder packaged in convenient, portable slimsticks. It helps maintain healthy immune function, supports proper digestion and GI-tract function and improves absorption of nutrients.*
"We are proud of GI-ProBalance powder because of its scientifically-based background. The special bacteria strains in this product have gone through rounds of research and tests to ensure they will thrive in the harsh environment of the digestive tract," said Sinnott. "Additionally, the product's packaging mixed with the combination of prebiotics and probiotics has enabled us to provide our consumers with a quick and simple way to help them keep their digestive tracts healthy. The fact that it was formulated to work with Ambrotose products makes this a very unique offering for Mannatech Associates."
Individuals interested in Mannatech's products or exploring its business opportunity are encouraged to learn more at Mannatech.com.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Mannatech, Incorporated, develops high-quality health, weight and fitness, and skin care products that are based on the solid foundation of nutritional science and development standards. Mannatech is dedicated to its platform of Social Entrepreneurship based on the foundation of promoting, aiding and optimizing nutrition where it is needed most around the world. Mannatech's proprietary products are available through independent sales Associates around the globe including the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Austria, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, the Republic of Korea and Mexico. For more information, visit Mannatech.com.
Please note: This release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements generally can be identified by use of phrases or terminology such as "intend" or other similar words or the negative of such terminology. Similarly, descriptions of Mannatech's objectives, strategies, plans, goals or targets contained herein are also considered forward-looking statements. Mannatech believes this release should be read in conjunction with all of its filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and cautions its readers that these forward-looking statements are subject to certain events, risks, uncertainties and other factors. Some of these factors include, among others, Mannatech's inability to attract and retain Associates and Members, increases in competition, litigation, regulatory changes and its planned growth into new international markets. Although Mannatech believes that the expectations, statements and assumptions reflected in these forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cautions readers to always consider all of the risk factors and any other cautionary statements carefully in evaluating each forward-looking statement in this release, as well as those set forth in its latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and other filings filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, including its current reports on Form 8-K. All of the forward-looking statements contained herein speak only as of the date of this release.
SOURCE: Mannatech, Incorporated
for Mannatech, Incorporated
Allison Lowe Burum, 972-499-6631